Allergies are abnormal immune system reactions to things – known as allergens – that are typically harmless to most people. This causes symptoms that can range from small to life-threatening. By listing your allergy on your BERTS Alert Medical™ ID alert system, you can avoid an allergic reaction as the information can be accessed by the professional treating you.
Prevention before detection
There are many types of allergies. The more common allergens include:
- Grass and tree pollen – an allergy to these is known as hay fever (allergic rhinitis)
- Dust mites
- Animal dander – tiny flakes of skin or hair
- Food – particularly nuts, fruit, shellfish, eggs and cows’ milk
- Insect bites and stings
- Medicines – including ibuprofen, aspirin and certain antibiotics
- Latex – used to make some gloves and condoms
- Mould – these can release small particles into the air that you can breathe in
- Household chemicals – including those in detergents and hair dyes
Do you have an allergy? If so, you can list it in your BERTS Alert Medical™ ID alert system, alerting first responders, hospital admission departments to the issue as soon as possible. Click here to Join today and have the peace of mind you deserve. Our medical alert bracelets are also recommended for seniors of all health conditions.